Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Austria: Overcome a Fear With Much Reward

Today was absolutely awesome. I went on a challenging hike. I was not challenged physically but mentally. I have learned recently that your mental strength is just as important as your physical strength. On a knife edge path i walked, with a snow loaded face on one side, and seemingly infinite path of rock on the other, I found strength. With help from a friend guiding me into the unknown, we made it to the top. 

The reward was overcoming my fear, and a beautiful face full of powder! Yeah! 
I finished the day off with a relaxing massage and a great book. Training for the comp isn't so bad.

My hope is that everyone is out there taking risks, overcoming fears, and living life to the fullest.

 Chat soon:) I hope you enjoy the pics!
My guide for the day and head judge for the event, Hugo.

Could not have made it through the crux of the climb with out Lolo.

I made it! On top of the world!

Our plant ceases to amaze me.

Juniors venue, covered in great snow. 


1 comment: